Lots to see during a simple drive from the Saint John Airport to St. Stephen and St. Andrews and when you return on the divided highway.
Saint John Airport to St. George / St. Andrews / St. Stephen Area
1. Welcome to the Saint John Airport. Load up your car and drive out the main entrance. Turn left onto Route 111 and go a few hundred yards where you turn right onto the new airport access road which leads directly to the Trans Canada Highway #1.
2. Don’t miss this tricky corner or you’ll end up in beautiful downtown Rothesay! When you reach the divided #1 Highway, cross over the overpass and take the first left onto the on-ramp heading west towards Saint John. You are now on the main highway leading directly to St. Andrews.
3. You will pass directly through Saint John, the oldest incorporated city in Canada. There is only one interruption here … have a quarter ready for the toll after you cross the Harbour Bridge.
4. It’s about an hour to St. Andrews along this scenic coastal drive. The highway has recently undergone major upgrading into a two lane. Not everything is completed, so you may encounter some construction work.
5. Digdeguash – A large highway sign marks the east entrance to St. Andrews. Turn left onto Highway #127 and follow the winding scenic route into St. Andrews. Observe the speed limits!
6. Waweig – A large highway sign and visitors’ information centre marks the western entrance to St. Andrews. Turn left and follow highway # 127 along the St. Croix River straight into town. Observe the speed limit!
St. George / St. Andrews / St. Stephen Area to Saint John Airport
1. Goodbye! Take highway # 127 east (go straight by the Algonquin Golf Course) to the Trans Canada Highway at Digdeguash. Turn right onto Highway #1. It will take about an hour and a half to reach the airport
2. Have your quarter ready for the toll at the Saint John Harbour Bridge and start watching for the airport symbols on the overhead signs. There are a lot of exits and you will want to get the right one
3. The exit to the airport access road is well marked and located just beyond a large Irving Service Station and Restaurant. Follow the signs directly to the airport and your flight out. Have a safe trip and come again.